Hands-On Mini Residency
Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
VieSID Canada is the logical choice for all dentists looking to provide comprehensive dental care. This program is offered in Canada and is open to all dentists and dental technologists providing restorative and orthodontic care that are seeking hands-on teaching with individualized attention. Our class size is limited to 12 students to ensure an excellent learning environment with ample time to interact directly with our instructors.
Module B: April 25-29th, 2024
Module C: June 6-10th, 2024
This course is aimed at dentists and dental technologists looking to further their knowledge in functional dentistry, diagnosis and treatment planning and occlusion medicine.
Discuss the Program
Chat with one of our lecturers.
- Introduction to occlusal medicine
- Cybernetic thinking in dentistry
- CMS: craniomandibular system (ligaments, muscles, TMJ)
- NMS: neuromuscular system (muscles, nerves, muscle palpation, neuro exams)
- Case documentation: GAMMA document browser database software
- Accurate impressions and casts, analogue and digital
- Reference Position: the starting point for planning – how and why
- Articulators and facebows
- Instrumental analysis (static and dynamic) in the articulator/software
- Occlusion and articulation
- Additional clinical analysis
- Anamnesis and occlusal index
- Compensation and decompensation
- Sample cases: how to phase treatment
- Practice management: how to discuss comprehensive treatment and set a fair fee
- Functions of the Masticatory Organ
- Hinge-Axis: what you need to know to about this critical element of treatment.
- Clinical Instrumental Analysis
- Condylographic Interpretation and live demonstration
- Axis-Orbital System
- Cephalometric Tracing
- Cephalometric Analysis and Interpretation
- Planning and sequencing the moderately complex case.
- Human evolution and its importance to everyday dental care
- Functional geometry of occlusion
- Functional wax-up Class I Initial therapy
- Planning and sequencing the complex case: putting it all together
Let's Get in Touch
Other Lectures and Workshops
Kim G. Parlett D.D.S., M.Sc.
Kim G. Parlett D.D.S., M.Sc., is a graduate of the University of Toronto (7T9) and is a Fellow and Past President of the Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics (CARDP) and a member of numerous dental organizations including the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry (AARD). He practices general dentistry in Bracebridge ON with a focus on treating the complex patient…
Ian W Tester D.D.S., M.Sc.
Ian W. Tester D.D.S., M.Sc. is a Fellow and Past President of the Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics (CARDP) and a member of numerous dental organizations including the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry (AARD). He practices general dentistry in St. Catharines, ON with a focus on treating the complex patient using interdisciplinary treatment…
Stéphan Provencher TD Dtg
Stéphan Provencher graduated in 1981 from Edouard-Montpetit College dental technology program and then joined its faculty from 1985 to 2019. Starting in 1992 he has operated a Boutique dental lab with the focus on rehabilitation in TMD cases in Interdisciplinary Dentistry. Stéphan is now a member of the Slavicek Foundation, and he lectures internationally on this very topic…
We are delighted to share testimonials from attendees who have participated in our program in previous years. Our 15-day intensive training program is designed to equip you with invaluable knowledge and skills to advance your career. Join us in revisiting the memorable moments and transformative learning experiences that have consistently made this program a success.
Frequently Asked Questions
The goal of the Vienna School of Interdisciplinary Dentistry is to teach the knowledge and concepts of our late mentor, Professor Dr. Rudolf Slavicek. Additional training in other concepts including those of Professor Sadao Sato (Orthodontics) makes this program truly interdisciplinary. VieSID cooperates with independent renowned international experts and lecturers and is responsible for the content and organization of the curricula. In addition to Vienna and Canada, VieSID programs are taught worldwide in 14 different centers. VieSID is managed by Christian Slavicek and is supported by the Scientific Board of the Vienna School of Interdisciplinary Dentistry Members of the Scientific Board of VieSID
The theoretical lessons are taught in classroom style. Numerous hands-on exercises and demonstrations are taught in both the clinic and laboratory. Homework and both written and oral evaluations give teachers and students feedback on the educational experience as each module is completed. Our small class size allows for a very interactive learning experience with the other students and teachers. Student case presentations complete the training and provide a comprehensive learning experience. For a description of “what we teach”, see curriculum.
We also offer a variety of VieSID Canada day, half day and evening lectures for dental organizations. These lectures will introduce the concepts taught by VieSID and focus on practical day to day tips and tricks. If you would like to have us present to your group, please contact us! email@example.com
Yes! It is extremely important that the concepts we teach are understood by each member of the team. The concepts taught by VieSID work best when the dentist is supported by an excellent Dental Technologist that understands how to develop proper functional waxups for Class I, II and III cases. VieSID Canada welcomes Dental Technologists to attend the basic curriculum with their dentists. We are pleased to have Stéphan Provencher TD, Dtg as part of our faculty. Stéphan is an extremely accomplished dental technologist with a thorough understanding and wealth of experience in VieSID concepts. He will be teaching our waxup program in Module C and future educational modules for Dental Technologists. Please contact us for further details.