15-Day Hands-On Mini Residency
Mini Residency Program
The 15-day hands-on Mini-Residency is our signature program. Graduates have a thorough understanding of the functional requirements of the masticatory system and its structural development. Our instructors emphasize the clinical skills, and instrumentation required to provide optimal treatment. You will learn to diagnose and plan everything from the simplest to the most complex cases with each therapy tailored to the individual patient. Better quality dentistry, happier patients and overall practice success are the result.
Chat with one of our lecturers.
$12,500 CAD + HST (three separate instalments)
Please note: a light lunch and breakfast are included daily.
Module B: April 25-29th, 2024
Module C: June 6-10th, 2024
VieSID provides all handout material and necessary equipment for use during the course sessions, and a trial subscription to CADIAX/CADIAS software which will last for the length of the program.
Prior to the beginning of Module A all course participants will be asked to have two sets of upper and lower accurate casts fabricated with both upper casts split casted and one lower pinned. Details will be provided.
During the course days we will supply enough GAMMA Reference articulators, access to electronic condylography units, hinge axis transfer jigs, CPM’s, sundries and any other supplies necessary to complete the diagnosis. Initially participants will practice in pairs with fellow attendees to learn the procedures.
After successfully passing an examination at the end of the Module C participants receive an official diploma which is necessary to attend advanced VieSID programs in Prosthodontics and Orthodontics.
Organized by: VieSIDCanada®, in accordance with the program VieSID teaches in Vienna in cooperation with the Medical University of Vienna and the University Clinic of Dentistry Vienna. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to purchase any equipment for your practice, we will assist you by providing the appropriate contacts. If you would like to research the equipment available, please visit emeralddental.com
- Introduction to occlusal medicine
- Cybernetic thinking in dentistry
- CMS: craniomandibular system (ligaments, muscles, TMJ)
- NMS: neuromuscular system (muscles, nerves, muscle palpation, neuro exams)
- Case documentation: GAMMA document browser database software
- Accurate impressions and casts, analogue and digital
- Reference Position: the starting point for planning – how and why
- Articulators and facebows
- Instrumental analysis (static and dynamic) in the articulator/software
- Occlusion and articulation
- Additional clinical analysis
- Anamnesis and occlusal index
- Compensation and decompensation
- Sample cases: how to phase treatment
- Practice management: how to discuss comprehensive treatment and set a fair fee
- Functions of the Masticatory Organ
- Hinge-Axis: what you need to know to about this critical element of treatment.
- Clinical Instrumental Analysis
- Condylographic Interpretation and live demonstration
- Axis-Orbital System
- Cephalometric Tracing
- Cephalometric Analysis and Interpretation
- Planning and sequencing the moderately complex case.
- Human evolution and its importance to everyday dental care
- Functional geometry of occlusion
- Functional wax-up Class I Initial therapy
- Planning and sequencing the complex case: putting it all together
Please note: accommodation is not included in the program price.
Courtyard Marriott Hamilton
The Barracks Inn
The core curriculum will be held at Southern Ontario Dental College in Ancaster, Ontario. This facility is a Dental hygiene and assisting school and offers excellent facilities for post-graduate education in Dentistry.
We are delighted to share testimonials from attendees who have participated in our program in previous years. Our 15-day intensive training program is designed to equip you with invaluable knowledge and skills to advance your career. Join us in revisiting the memorable moments and transformative learning experiences that have consistently made this program a success.